Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New to New Jersey

My name is Fox and have recently moved to Princeton from Chicago, Illinois. I am a conservative, which is strange because I have moved from Obamaland to one of the vaunted ivory towers of the East Coast. Over the past four or five years I have learned to move among the liberals, talk like them, and even look like them. Learning their secrets, their weaknesses, and in rare cases their strengths.

I attended law school in the city and passed the IL bar exam last Summer. Preparing for that exam is something I would not wish on my worse enemies. I started to become active in political campaigns in 2009, helping Dan Proft run for governor (he lost the primary...badly). Luckily another conservative by the name of Bill Brady won and will now challenge the half-wit Pat Quinn in November. Illinois is not Massachusetts however. Independents and conservatives are not quite as energized to kick the democratic leadership out of Springfield (capital of Illinois in case you didn't know).

It looks like New Jersey is ahead of the game. Chris Christie defeated a weak incumbent and it appears a couple democratic Congressmen here might be in trouble. In Princeton, I have decided to help Scott Sipprelle in his campaign in the 12th District. It is strongly democratic but Christie won here so it is completely doable to kick out the incumbent Rush Holt, who is the most liberal member of the Congress.

In my short time I have met some good people here, many through my work with Scott but also in other areas. It is my hope to meet more people here, and help in other campaigns as well. Hopefully we can find more Christies to win back a couple seats and get Pelosi fired as Speaker.

This blog is intended to convey my thoughts and feelings regarding politics, philosophy, law, life, and current events in New Jersey. It is from the prospective of a law school graduate with a background in national security and foreign policy, as well as a person who grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, then lived there. It is a great great city run by corrupt, incompetent, criminals. You may think New Jersey is bad, but in Chicago, corruption is an art form.

There is also always talk of national issues and elections, which I usually talk about on my other blog, Fox and the Lion. See that if your interested. Until then, if I can touch the life of just one person with this blog...then it is clear I should've stuck with being a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment